Has something happened more than a month since its launch, and in the end, the OnePlus 3T –which, by the way, we are avoiding— has received today the Android 7.0 Nougat official. Yes, by now in the form of beta open.
What is certain is that this update we are caught by surprise, and that is that OnePlus has already announced some weeks ago that the final upgrade would come before the end of the year. Even so, it seems that OnePlus will fulfill his promise to release the final version during the day of today, as indicated by Carl Pei, CEO of the company, on his Twitter.
Android 7.0 now available for the OnePlus 3T
The update has been announced by the official forum of OnePlus, where collect all the novelties of this version that will leave you down here:
- Update to Android 7.0 Nougat.
- New design of notifications.
- New design in the settings menu.
- View multi-window.
- quick Reply from the notifications.
- Support stop scale custom display (DPI).
- settings have been added to the icons of the status bar.
- quick Access to third-party applications.
- improved Personalisation of the panel Shelf.
as can be seen, all of these developments are the same that are already available from some weeks ago on the OnePlus 3, as we showed some days ago. This brings us back to confirm the intent of OnePlus to maintain a similarity to almost total between the software of their two flagship.
2) Android N stable OTA for the OP3 and the OP3T. Gradual rollout will begin later tonight.
— Carl Pei (@getpeid) December 31, 2016
If you have a OnePlus 3T, you can download this update from the official forum, in order to proceed to the installation of a manual way through ADB. Once installed, the rest of the versions beta will arrive to your device via OTA.
Like I said, in addition, will be this same night when the final upgrade to Android 7.0 Nougat to be released for the OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T, also via OTA. Therefore, if you decide not to install the beta, you will not have to wait too long until you can enjoy the nougat on your device.