Qualcomm has renewed its processor, high-end with the new Snapdragon 855. In the end discarded all the rumors pointing to the Snapdragon 8150 as the new processor of the signature.
have revealed all the details of your new line. Includes support for 5G, and even the new technology Quick Charge 5. do you Want to see more?
All specifications of the Qualcomm Snapdragon 855
then we’re going to see all the advances that there are in the interior of this new SoC for high-end.
- it Is made in the architecture of 7 nm by the firm TSMC.
- Mounts the graph Adreno 640, perfect for gaming. We will know more about it very soon.
- Has the modem Snapdragon X24 LTE built-in and the new Snapdragon X50 compatible with networks 5G.
- like many others, the Snapdragon 855 also equipped with a unit NPU for the tasks of artificial intelligence.
- Presents a configuration of 4 clusters that run at 1.8 GHz (to save power), 3 clusters that run at 2.4 GHz and another which flies at 2.8 GHz. In total, 8 cores. A configuration very similar to that of the Exynos 9820.
The new processor is also compatible with ultrasonic sensor 3D, designed to add security to the sensors of fingerprints on the screen. We find the expected improvements, but nothing too remarkable for a processors its category.
The new Snapdragon 855 will come in the new high-end 2019
The new Snapdragon 855 is going to improve the performance of devices like the Galaxy S10, OnePlus 7 and the Xiaomi Mi 9. It is also ideal for all those users who like to play, as it incorporates the technology Snapdragon Elite Gaming to significantly improve the performance of an hour of play. We will know more about it in its official release.
Another of its strengths is the inclusion of the technology 5G, currently only available in South Korea. For now, we just need to wait for the revealing of the official release date of this processor.
Source | Gizmochina