If you have reached this article is because you have in mind to move from iPhone to Android. If you already have decided, so with this tutorial you can export all your contacts from iPhone to Android without any problem. You will not lose any important information. Best of all is that the steps you need to follow are very simple. You have nothing to worry about.
What should I do to export my iPhone contacts to Android?
1.- Export your contacts using iCloud
- The first thing you have to do is start the web browser on your computer.
- do Not use Chrome because it will not work. Your available options are Firefox and Safari.
- Go to iCloud.com.
- log with your ID and access key.
- click contacts.
- press All contacts. This option is located in the upper left corner of the screen.
- If you have a Mac press Command, and the key To at the same time. In case you have a Windows pc, press ctrl and simultaneously.
- click Settings. This option is in the bottom left corner. The icon has the shape of a gear.
- Now click on Export vCard. Your contacts will be saved in a file .vcf in the downloads folder.
- Finally, in case you see a floating window you will only have to re-select all of your contacts, right-click and re-export.
2.- Import your contacts using Google Contacts
to be able To import your vCard it is better to use Google. In case you don’t have a Google account you will need to make your record because you will need it in Android. Once you have your account, you should do the following.
- Open your web browser on your computer. You can use the one that you want.
- log in your Google account.
- Now click on Google Apps. That option is in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Select the Contacts icon.
- press Import contacts. You can find this option in the bottom left of the menu.
- Select Choose file.
- you Choose your vCard and open it.
- click import.
- If you get a red message on the screen, choose Find and merge duplicates.
- In the pop-up window you will need to click on Combine.
In case that you have lost your contacts from Android and do not know how to recover them. Here’s how to replace each one of them is very quick and easy. You will be extremely useful.
3.- Sync your Google account with your Android phone
If you have not turned on your Android mobile then you have a lot of luck. Once you activate the phone the system will ask you if you want to sync an account. You just need to follow each of the steps.
Now, in case you have on your mobile. You must follow the following instructions to perform the synchronization.
- Enter option Settings of your Android mobile.
- Tap Accounts.
- Tap in Google.
- press the switch next to the Contacts option. This serves to activate the synchronization of the contacts.
- Now select the plus (+) button button in the upper-right corner.
- Choose the option Sync now.
4.- Add your iPhone contacts to your Android phone
In case you still don’t have a Google account you will need to send your vCard by email.
- Opens the e-mail application on your Android mobile.
- Enter the Email that contains the file vCard.
- Click on the download option that is next to the vCard file.
- once the download. You tap on the notification to to open the vCard file.
This last step will depend on the mobile you have. You’ll be able to save the contacts in your smartphone or in the app of Google Contacts.
Finally, if you have formatted your Android phone and by accident you lost all your contacts, don’t worry. This is how you can replenish all your contacts in just a couple of minutes.